Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding my way out of a wet paper bag.
- - By welder6g (**) Date 01-30-2004 20:30
I am trying to weld my way out of a wet paper bag.Anyone have any tips or advice and what code I should follow and I heard you might have to be a CWI to do this type of welding???
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-30-2004 20:44
Hi Welder6G!
You can try cutting or as they say in some places - burning your way out of the wet paper bag...
Come on 6G, what's really irking you? You can tell us!

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 01-30-2004 20:58
Well before I commit to this problem I want to know how you came to be in a "wet paper bag".

CWI won't help, they'll just want to critique the job after its done.

Sounds to me like this a high pressure application so take your pick of codes ASME or API, if your in the USA.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-30-2004 21:09
Hi Ron G!
Maybe you're right about a high pressure application!
Like recruiting new students @ PBCC...

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-30-2004 21:46
High Pressure Application! Love that one.
RonG,
Keep em' coming, where you find all those little sayings that keep getting my funny bone? :)
John Wright
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 01-30-2004 22:03
Ah shucks I got paper bag full of um.

I wander if the bag was dry when this person got in it and what did he/she do to make it wet?
Parent - - By dee (***) Date 01-30-2004 22:46
6G
Brazen it out might be good advice; use a high silicon bronze filler... alternatively, a multi-pass face deposit of any convenient alloy might be deposited, ground to as nearly perfectly flat surface as practical, and polished to a mirror shine. By looking into the reflective surface you can see what you saw, extract the saw and cut your way out.

...think you got it tough, how'd you like to have been in Taiwan when that sperm whale exploded?

"The 56-foot long sperm whale was being transported through city streets on the truck after it was found beached during the weekend. It was being hauled to a university where scientists were going to try to find out how it died.

Right in the middle of traffic, the carcass exploded - splattering its innards across the street.

Experts believe the explosion happened probably because of gases building up in the dead mammal's collapsed stomach.

Shopkeepers closed up so they could scrub away the malodorous mess of blood, blubber and entrails" (from CompuServe News report).

Now thats a bag of um!
Parent - By bzzzzzzzzzz (**) Date 01-31-2004 04:42
I bet the air pollution index went up for that day. Whew...imagine all there is to rot inside a whale carcass! And I thought the alewifes along Lake Michigan beaches were bad.
Parent - By p61b Date 02-02-2004 17:49
Be sure to use a cellulose rod.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding my way out of a wet paper bag.