Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Lincoln vs Miller Inverter welders
- - By Laiky (*) Date 02-04-2004 17:30
Ok, first off this is my first post on this board. I am not a professional welder but have been using Mig for a while now. I have been obsessed with getting my hands on a good TIG setup. I'm looking at the Lincoln Invertec v205-T and the Miller Dynasty 200 DX.

Does anybody have experience with these units?

are they as good as a 150lb non inverter?

What are the drawbacks to this type of welder.

Since i don't have a shop the weight/portability is a big issue for me. I would also like to buy once and get a long usefull life from this equipment as well as a broad range of capabilities.
Parent - By dseman (*) Date 02-05-2004 04:48
You may want to look at the tig post by Vader in the shop-talk forum. I mentioned a few things about the Lincoln V205-t in there. The machine is a re-badged design from Selco in Italy--just so you know. You may want to go to both the Miller and Lincoln websites to download the owner's manuals. This will provide a lot of information to help you in your selection. Also, here is a comparison that may be helpful:

http://millerwelds.com/products/tig/comparisons/dynasty_200.html

-dseman
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Lincoln vs Miller Inverter welders