Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Liability Insurance for Portable Welding
- - By garryweld Date 02-08-2004 22:42
Is there anyone out there in the Insurance Business that has a reasonable price for liability insurance. I'm from Dayton, Ohio with a small portable welding business. I'm Qualified and Certified through the Company I work for in various WPS's all in 6G positions tested through Hobart Institute. I have Fire protection training & various other OSHA Safety training but that does'nt seem to mean anything to Insurance Companie's. The Insurance Companie's that I have talked to want between 7k to 10k a year. As I have told them it's a partime small Portable Welding Business. It seems to be a shame that a Qualified Trained Tradesman cannot be a benefit to Business & Society because of ridiculous Insurance Spiking. Any help or comments greatly appreciated. Garryweld
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 02-09-2004 01:18
Shop around as prices seem to vary quite a bit. Those quotes sound hi to me.
I would think around $3000 - $4000 for 1/2 million liability on your truck and 1 million business liability, based on what I pay. And a lot of my customers require that amount or more.
And be aware of any restrictions on coverage, few companies will quote an unlimited policy. Many won't insure certain welding activities and if you don't look close you can miss what is excluded.
Lots of guys are happily working away with insurance coverage. It just is a cost of doing business, and has to be included in the rate.

JTMcC.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Liability Insurance for Portable Welding