Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Just curious
- - By testweldguy (**) Date 02-25-2004 13:32
Hey everyone, If you all were to buy electrodes "in general", what company would you buy them from, and what type would you get ???
Like I said, just curious.
Thank you all for your time.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-25-2004 14:47
Hello Testweldguy,
I would say that is a very "general" question, as you stated. I believe there are many variables that go into purchasing electrodes in "general". Cost is one driving factor, availability, quantity, service from the vendor, preferences from the guys on the shop floor (the weldor's) and many more that make up a purchasing agent's mind when buying electrodes.
John Wright
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 02-25-2004 15:32
Here lately I've been switching over to Hobart for both SMAW and GMAW because they cost less yet still work fine.

Tim
Parent - By - Date 02-25-2004 20:31
radnor(airgas brand) electrodes is what i been using for a long time now.brand isn't what's it important.welders don't go and buy the best looking,best quality set of rods out there.that's too expensive.most of them like me go with what's cheap and in stock.a different brand of rod isn't going to make you any better at all in welding.it's your own experience and skill that's what counts.why waste money on buying the best brand named rods when you can get by without them.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Just curious