Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Calling all cars...Calling all cars...
- - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 03-20-2004 16:54
Sup hometowns.

Thought I'd share this. My lady found this in her family album. Her father was one bad dude. Sea Bee in his hay day.

As it reads...

Arc Welder's Pledge to the Industry

Know all Men that: Alfred De Angelis (God bless you) has this day signed (Nov. 5, 1937) The Lincoln Pledge

1st: To do all in my power to advance the cause of arc welding.

2nd: Never to be guilty of knowingly making a poor weld.

3rd: To report to my superior emmediately any weld which I believe is not thoroughly dependable for the service for which it is intended.

4th: To give to my employer, at all times, my best efforts, loyal service and honest workmanship. (Me fave!)

5th: To extend all possible assistance to welder operators less proficient than myself.

6th: To strive each day to increase my knowledge and skill in the art of arc welding.

In recognition of this pledge, the Arc Welder's Certificate of Cooperation is hereby granted by: THE LINCOLN ELECTRIC COMPANY, Cleveland, Ohio

signed,

J. B.(not sure if it's a B or T) Lincoln, Vice Pres. and Gen. Mgr.

A. F. Davis, Vice Pres.

A piece of welding history! Pretty cool man.

RM

Parent - By mo64 (*) Date 03-20-2004 19:06
thats pretty cool. i wonder if they still do that?
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-21-2004 14:11
Hi Chevytown 13!
Looks like you've got some big shoes to fill!!!
I personally think that you can!
I'm going to make a copy of that because more of us need to be reminded of that pledge!!!
Thanks for sharing that with us hermano!!!

Respectfully,
SSBN727 Run silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 03-21-2004 18:21
Hola carnal! (aka hermano)

On tuesday, I'll take a photo of that certificate and do the tricks to get it on the net. Hopefully, the camera can catch the small text. I'll figure it out though.

(I also forgot to post the pic of the homebrew'd hood range in the welding studio for a hometown back several full moons ago...I'll try to post that too.)

I felt super proud looking at that certificate.

Take care.

CT
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Calling all cars...Calling all cars...