Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Welding tool steels and jobs in So Calif
- By Dirk O Date 03-26-2004 22:21
I have always wanted to learn to weld tool and die steels, i will soon be taking a Welding Engineering course and was wondering if this will help me in my quest in being able to weld these steels. It seems like finding a welder that knows how to weld tool and die steels are about like finding brain surgeons.
I was wondering more or less, how to preheat, postheat , what type of rods for certain steels,cool down rates, which steels to peen, etc.
I found on Rockmount -Nassau's website a list of heating requirements for certain tool steels , but it doesn't say anything about welding requirements.

Anybody that lives in Sothern California, does the pay compensate for cost of living out there? I am currently Mil-Spec 1595-A certified and was wondering from the ads i saw for welders, the pay does not compensate or am i looking at slave shops?
Thanks
Dirk
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Welding tool steels and jobs in So Calif