Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Need some help with welding symbols.
- - By whitehatluck Date 03-27-2004 00:40
Hi. Ive been looking all over for 4 diffrent weldings symbols. In my welding class I was given the task of looking and compiling the last four that nobody could find. I'm in high school and in all of the text books we could not find these 4 symbols. If anyone could help it would be a a big help. The four welding symbols are O.A.C. ( Oxyacetylene Cutting), P.A.C. ( Plasma Arc Cutting), C.A.C. - A ( Carbon Arc Cutting - Air [thats what he told me to look for]). So if anyone could help it would be a great help. Thanks again.
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 03-27-2004 06:25
http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/tc/9-237/toc.htm
This is the army's welding manual- It has a section on symbols but I don't know if it has what you need.
Bill
Parent - By whitehatluck Date 03-27-2004 22:14
Yea. I was there when I got the rest of the symbols for the paper. Unfortunetly the 3 I was looking for aren't there. But I just found out that the 3 last ones I am looking for are just abbreviatons and don't have symbols.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-27-2004 11:08
There aren't any symbols for processes. The abbreviations you listed are the only reference I have seen to process. This is usually contained within the tail.

Gerald Austin
Parent - - By whitehatluck Date 03-27-2004 22:12
Thanks for the help. I'll have to tell my teacher this.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-28-2004 01:11
I agree with Gerald, the cutting processes you listed only have abbreviations, no symbols. AWS A2.4 is the standard that covers all the welding symbols.
John Wright
Parent - By bmaas1 (***) Date 03-28-2004 02:26
The only thing that I can think of that even comes close would be a scarfing symbol.

Brian J. Maas
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Need some help with welding symbols.