Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Expo
- - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-31-2004 18:24

Next week is the Big AWS International Welding Expo.

I'll be there on Tuesday the 6th and was wondering if any of you posters will be there too. It would be nice to shake hands and compare our bags of goodies.

Other than the Plummer Lecture my schedule is open so feel free to pop an email if it sounds good to you too.

Lar
Parent - - By kam (**) Date 03-31-2004 18:57
Planning on attending myself on the 6th if my boss approves. Wouldnt mind meeting some of you folks and discussing the woes of the welding world or just shoot the sht.

kam
Parent - By EVWELDER (**) Date 03-31-2004 21:41
I'll be there all week 4th till 9th.Hope to see what new stuff is out there.
Parent - - By texarc (*) Date 04-07-2004 23:41
Lawrence,

I was planing to be there the hole week but some Problems came up at my shop that I cant leave. which is a real bummer. I took the time to enroll in the welding contest and all. Well theres always next year for sure I think in detroit. The good news is that I finly got my ASME 6G pipe cert. this week been working on that a while.

So do me a faver and check it out for me, and find out what the deal is with (weld goo)?
Parent - - By texarc (*) Date 04-18-2004 18:21

So anyone have a shout about the welding show, contest, ect. I was wondering sence I did not get to go. Thaugh I would see results of the contest some where but I havent hurd a thing.
Parent - - By kam (**) Date 04-19-2004 13:49
I won first prize. Nice GPS unit that I plan on using to mark my favorite mushroom hunting spots in the state forrest. Really the first thing I have ever won.

kam
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-19-2004 15:43

Kam,

Congrats!

I watched the competition for a while on Tuesday, lots of men and women making fantastic welds. The competition appeared fierce with all the talent on board. That ought to be a nice little factoid on your resume eh?

How many job offers have you had since winning?
Parent - - By kam (**) Date 04-19-2004 19:46
Oops.....I must take more time to read the posts. I thought he was refering to the "Where's Weldo Contest".....lol. That is the contest that I won.....those guys handing welding would probally stomp my butt. My welds are Gorilla welds (Big and Ugly but strong as hell) I did manage to find "Weldo". hahahhaha

Sorry for the confusion....my mistake.

kam
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-20-2004 00:00

You got a GPS for where's Weldo!

Well I know where our dues are going now :)
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-20-2004 11:10
Lawrence,
Since kam didn't grab the top welder, who did?

kam,
You can use that GPS to mark "Weldos" position so you will have an advantage in finding him again next year. :)

John Wright
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Expo