Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WPS Software
- - By chall (***) Date 04-01-2004 14:55
Hi folks,

We are currently using the Lincoln Arc Works program for PQR/WPS development. I must say it is not very user friendly.

CEI sent me a demo version of Welding Pro-Write. The demo seems far superior to the Lincoln program.

I would appreciate first hand opinions of both products. Times are tough these days for additional overhead expenditures, so before any purchases are made I would need to know that the money will be well spent. I think you know what I mean. Anyway, if you have comments (good or bad) about either product, let them fly.

Thanks,
Charles
Parent - By jfolk (**) Date 04-01-2004 18:21
Chall,

I highly suggest you consider WeldSpec and WelderQual from C-spec. If your needs are both ASME IX and AWS D1.1, you will be impressed. Go to cspec.com or weldoffice.com or call toll free 888-673-9777.

John Folk
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-01-2004 19:25
Hi Charles,
I like the looks of the Cspec programs Welderqual and Weldspec. I tried one of their demos and if it was in my budget, I would have purchased it for myself. It is very expensive for my simple needs, but a company which does a lot of qualifying of procedures and welders would benefit. Try it out, the demo will give you a couple of tries before it quits working. By the time I got the hang of what I was doing it ran out.
John Wright
Parent - By MBSims (****) Date 04-02-2004 03:16
We use a program called CodeMan by Seamoss, Inc. They have an "enterprise" version that runs on a network for multiple worksites, and a single-user version that looks and feels the same, but is much less expensive. You can download a demo version at their website at www.seamoss.com.
Parent - By roopchandel (*) Date 07-17-2004 05:06
What is the cost of these softwares?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WPS Software