Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / dye pen testing
- - By rmoran Date 04-13-2004 02:09
I am looking for a generic form to document dye pen testing.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-13-2004 11:19
Is there a particular code you need to have this form based upon?
John Wright
Parent - - By rmoran Date 04-13-2004 23:34
The code is D1.1
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-14-2004 00:30
D1.1 excludes any acceptance or rejection criteria based on bleed out. They have sample forms for RT, MT, and UT, but they simply say to work to ASTM E165. My suggestion would be to contact your Level III and have the Level III work up some PT inspection forms for documenting your inspections.
See my reply to your email. If I can help let me know, and I'll help where I can.
John Wright
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 04-14-2004 13:39
I've sent a PT report to your e-mail address. Let me know if it does not arrive.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-14-2004 14:56
Thanks 3rd eye,
I sent him a copy of my UT, MT, and VT forms but I didn't have a PT form to send him.
John Wright
Parent - - By Dagwood (*) Date 04-15-2004 19:19
Hello John!
I don't suppose you could send me a copy of the VT report that you have. I would like to compare it to what I have here. I would like to take the best parts of whatever I can find and make the bigger better report form. Know what I mean?
Thanks,
Dagwood.
E-mail as follows: jdcombs@shaw.ca

P.S. How the heck do you highlight the links in the forum so it goes direct to the website??? Probably very simple right??? I tried a few days ago and it didn't work...
Parent - By Dagwood (*) Date 04-15-2004 19:21
Hmmm. whaddaya know, it worked. Skip the last part of the previous question... :~
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 04-14-2004 13:49
I would just make my own form, maybe using the D1.1 MT report form in Annex E as a template. Those are intended to assist in developing your own forms. I would also review the job requirements and make sure your form has places to record the required information.
As long as your form documents who, what, where, when, how, and the disposition, your report form can be anything you want (unless contracts say otherwise)

Chet Guilford
Parent - By rmoran Date 04-15-2004 00:04
Thanks everyone with the combination of these forms I have what I need thanks for everyones help............Rmoran
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / dye pen testing