Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / wire for bridge crane
- - By djbrown Date 04-14-2004 22:57
is e91t1 dual shield a good choice for welding a bridge crane? my supplier told me it was but i thought i would ask around first.the crane will be used for lifting concrete truck barrels.our old crane was put together with er70s-6 and it did alright for years.i would greatly appreciate any info on this matter.
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 04-15-2004 13:16
I can't answer your question. Cranes are made of many different types of steel and require different filler metals for welding. Using the wrong one could lead to serious trouble.

You mention your "old crane". Is this one a pre-manufactured unit? Or are you building a new one?

If it's a maufactured crane, I suggest contacting the crane manufacturer for advice on what you wish to do. They should know the materials to use and will problably have a repair procedure to follow.

If you are building a new crane, I suggest checking with the designing engineer. He/she should be able to collect the right information.

I would not make assumptions on what is OK or not OK. With a crane, it is best to find out for certain.

Chet Guilford
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / wire for bridge crane