Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / online welding suppliers?
- - By gunmonk (*) Date 04-30-2004 23:13
who, if any one do you use?
Parent - - By mudbone (*) Date 05-02-2004 15:29
Hi gunmonk,
You didn't state whether you were looking to purchase supplies or just locate a supplier. Personally, I shy away from purchasing my supplies on-line. I would prefer to establish relationships with local distributers. Over time they will get a feel for what you like and don't like. Also, If you can find a good supplier with a good technical department, it may help you out of a jam on occasion when you just can't find the answer. I would think also, if you had a need to return supplies or have a mixup in an order it's a lot easier (and cheaper) to return.
Parent - - By gunmonk (*) Date 05-03-2004 19:37
yes i was looking to purchase supplies. you are right about the difficulty in returns. i have a cutting tip on my hands that is the wrong size. it would cost more to send it back then it is worth
Parent - - By tjbutler (*) Date 05-04-2004 15:46
I've had good results overall with:

weldingmart.com
fresnooxygen.com
arc-zone.com
Parent - - By harleyhitman (**) Date 01-15-2005 03:35
Cronatron Welding Systems
www.cronatronwelding.com
Parent - By burninbriar (*) Date 01-16-2005 02:36
I saved over $150 buying my Syncrowave 250 on line but now I feel funny when I go to my local dealer for supplys becouse I know she knows I didnt go throu her.Silly I guess,but thought its worth mentioning.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / online welding suppliers?