Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / looking for work in the United States
- - By cecilia4871 Date 05-05-2004 03:48
Hallo there friends,I'm a JM welder looking for work in the US,I'm currently with the boilermakers in Calgary Canada, my wife was in Texas as a nurse before we met and she would like to go again and so would I.Can anyone guide me the right way to find employment or tell me where I could find work. My qualification are tig,mig,stick,flux core. I've worked on construction and in a shop for about 10 years.I have worked with the Ironworkers to so height don't bother me at all.

Thanks
J.L.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 05-05-2004 12:22
Well Pardner,

Texas is a big place, but if it doesn't matter where you land, you might wanna try Houston.
I hear the Oilfield down thataway is booming.

Happy Trails!
Tim
Parent - By cecilia4871 Date 05-08-2004 02:45
Thanks Tim,my wife said Houston was beautiful so we might try to find work in that area.
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 05-06-2004 05:47
Is your union no help in this?
Bill
Parent - - By cecilia4871 Date 05-08-2004 02:51
I'm just a new member with the boilermakers,but I guess I could ask them if they could help.
Thanks Bill
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 05-08-2004 03:03
All in all I think they would prefer that you remain a member of that local but failing that they would still want you to remain a member of the union at large.
Good luck
Bill
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / looking for work in the United States