Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / storing equipment
- - By gunmonk (*) Date 05-15-2004 05:06
how do you store your oxy/ac equipment? i have been storing mine in the box it came in. this is not useful if i go mobile. what kind of tool boxes ect, and what about the regulators especialy? i thought about wraping the regulators in clean cloth and keeping them in a bucket with a tight fighting lid.
Parent - By pjseaman (**) Date 05-15-2004 22:39
Helpful hint at the pawn and swap shops you can find old drill cases and such made of steel then cut a filler the shape of the regulators out of plywood put a couple of thick rags below and on top and your good to go. If you find a sawzall box they are real long and work great for larger harris regulator sets. This is not for the hose unless its a short set of hoses or if you find a bigger box that will fit.
Good luck,
pjseaman
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 05-16-2004 04:54
Surplus ammo boxes could work. They are waterproof too. There are sizes larger than the 30 and 50 cal commonly seen. A 20 mm ammo box would hold two regulators a torch and some hose.
Bill
Parent - By Sean (**) Date 05-16-2004 14:39
Some of the new cylinders have the regulators built in. I believe they are made by Air Liquide and Praxair. The price for the cylinder is slightly higher, but supposedly they are easier to use... It might be something to look into.

-Sean
Parent - - By gunmonk (*) Date 05-17-2004 03:39
well it sounds like there is no standard. i thought about spraying expansive foam into a container and lowering a wraped redulator into it. this would mmake a nice form but i dont think it would last long. thank you for the ideas.
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 05-17-2004 13:33
I bought a large pistol case that worked well. It was plastic with corrugated foam liners that I cut to fit my regulators, torch, tips, and so on.
Dimensions were about 24" x 15" x 8" and about $20 at K-mart(?)

Chet Guilford
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / storing equipment