Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI 9-year certification renewal seminar
- - By Bill A (**) Date 05-18-2004 13:08
I have read the official AWS information on the web site, but am looking for any comments from anyone who might have attended the week long seminar that can substitute for the certification renewal test. I understand they describe the schedule as being "8AM-10PM". Sounds like they expect you to live at the seminar site.
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 05-18-2004 16:24
I went to the first session in Beaumont about 4 years ago(?). I'm sure a lot has changed since then, but I recall that we spent long hours in the seminar. No one really "cracked the whip" over us and I thought it was worthwhile. The instructor oriented the material to things we might not have been exposed to (a lot on metallurgy) rather that make the seminar a repeat of what we had already learned over the previous 9 years.
I felt it was worthwhile and I would like to do it again when my recertification is due. At the same time, I wouldn't be afraid of the re-test if time and money were short.

Chet Guilford
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI 9-year certification renewal seminar