Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / tubing template
- - By sparx (**) Date 05-21-2004 16:13
Hey all.....For the guys (and gals) that went to the AWS show in Chicago this year, the Adox OKI/Bering booth had a small display in one corner of their booth with a neat little kit for finding cut lines for tubing of various sizes. This device slid over the appropriate diameter pipe, then the "fingers" of the template were adjusted to the piece to be welded to, and presto, you just trace the template to your tubing and when cut, it is a perfect fit.
My question is, does anybody recall what the name of this kit is called? There wasn't any literature left at the booth, so he swiped my card and said he would send me this info. I haven't recieved it yet, and would like to get this information to order a kit. I spoke to the order desk at OKI and the guy I talked to has no clue what I am talking about.
any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Paul
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 05-21-2004 16:43
Hi Paul,

I don't know which product was displayed at the AWS show, but I have something I purchased back in the late seventies, called Lee Pipe Patterns. The three sets I purchased came in ten combination patterns for 2" to 8" diameters, ten combination patterns for 10" to 18" diameters, and ten combination patterns for 20", 22", and 24" diameters. Each pattern is half the circumference of the pipe size, so half the marking is done on one side, and the other half from the opposite side. The patterns are made from heat resistant material, and they make 2 piece 90 degree cuts, orange peels, bull plugs, 3 piece 90's, eccentric reducers, concentric reducers, risers, saddles, "Y" connections, and 45 degree elbows. I don't know if they're still in business, but here's the contact information from the instruction sheet:

R.E. Lee Company
3819 Inca Street
Denver, Colorado, 80211

Phone: 303-455-WELD

These are Lee Pipe Patterns, for welders, fitters, and layout men
Parent - By swnorris (****) Date 05-21-2004 16:53
Out of curosity I decided to call the number and found that they are still in business. They told me that they were not at the AWS show. They did give me their website. The link is http://releeco.com/
Parent - - By awill4wd (**) Date 05-22-2004 11:54
Paul, I think the product you're after is called the "pipemaster" range, where individual needles slide up and down to give you an exact shape of your cutting requirements.
Have a look at their website at http://www.pipemastertools.com/ I'd love a set of these myself but they are priced a little too steep for me.
Regards Andrew.
Parent - By sparx (**) Date 05-25-2004 12:50
Andrew....exactly what I was looking for...thanks for the help on this one!
regards
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / tubing template