Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Weldpac 100 problem..
- - By John1947 Date 06-01-2004 00:55
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and fairly new to welding. I belong to numerous car forums and was pointed to you guys.. Lots of experience, and info here. My only welding experience is Comunity College classes, hobby "buzz-box" Lincoln, Lincoln Weldpac 100. I use them to fab up small jobs around the garage and car projects..

My low usage, fairly new Weldpac suddenly stopped feeding wire. Was welding up some 1/8" steel for a evap. cooler stand. All was well, stopped to swap ends, and trigger wouldn't actuate the wire feeder.. Checked all obvious (to me anyway.) troublespots, such as kinked wire, loose connectors from trigger. Shorted lugs from trigger wire with trigger leads disconnected... Nothing... Just suddenly quit working. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.. John...
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 06-01-2004 02:03
When the machine I use does that it is 1- out of wire, 2-wire is stuck in the contact tip (see if you can pull wire through with pliers. If not unscrew the contact tip and try again. On my machine you can force the feed motor to turn by pulling on the wire if this isn't true for your machine you will have to release the tension of the feed roller.) It is possible but less likely that the wire could be jammed in the liner or where the tube goes into the box. 3-electrical problem- Generally the trigger operates a relay (perhaps solid state now) which sends power to the feed motor. You have allready eliminated the trigger switch. Look for a fuse in the motor circuit, a bad relay, a bad motor, wire faults between all of these. I hope this is some help, it's kind of generic but I've never seen the inside of that machine.

Make sure that you are out of warranty before you do anything too drastic.

Bill
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Weldpac 100 problem..