Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Legend
- - By rjt70 (*) Date 06-22-2004 07:08
OK, I have purchased a Miller Legend and Miller says that although the 14 pin control was an option, the kits to add the option no longer exist. Has anyone here figured out a way around this to add remote capabitliies to do AC TIG with remote? If not, anyone have a parts machine that they could sell me the parts to add this to mine. It is a 1995 model Legend AC/DC 18hp Onan.
Parent - - By TRC (***) Date 06-22-2004 21:20
Take the lid off and look inside for a strip of lugs that are labled A,B,C,D... If it's in there, it is in many other machines these are your remote contol- controls. You could hard wire them and add a 14 pin extendtion cord. Also try the Hobart Weld Talk Forum or the Miller Forum. They have their Techs monitoring the forums. They will answer your questions without any guessing. Ted
Parent - By rjt70 (*) Date 06-23-2004 05:41
Thanks Ted, the Hobart/Miller guys were the ones that said that the kit isn't available any more. The engine drive guys at Miller said it was a pain to install, and would be all but impossible to do without the kit, that is why I am trying here, I figure someone has found a way around this problem.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Legend