Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / which welder is better for chassie tuebe
- - By kvnatv Date 07-04-2004 03:13
i was wonderin what type of welder /amps would be the best for doning custom chassie for an offroad/rock crawler??
Parent - By Jeremy Date 02-26-2005 18:44
110 or 220????????????we use the Lincoln SP175Plus on my buddies Samurai rock crawler and it works great from body work(take your time)all the way through to chassis and suspension fabrication.Only problem is that it is 220 volt.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-28-2005 12:22
If you have to have the vehicle go through tech for safety inspection, you may want to get the rule book out and check to see if MIG is allowed. Drag race chassis and roll bars are to be TIG welded and shall have no grinding of the welds, the welds must be in a "as welded condition" or they will put your car back on the trailer.
just a thought to consider,
John Wright
Parent - - By gyadon (**) Date 10-04-2005 20:38
The only choice if your looking for quality is Tig welding, synchrowave is the best for what your doing, it will weld anything you use, I have built many cars with one.
Parent - By rockinrobert Date 10-06-2006 01:53
I think the RockCrawlers can use MIG welding, one of our chassis layup guys builds them for fun and he runs nearly every weekend around the country with them. Of course TIG is better, but I don't think it is required.
Parent - By Greg G. (**) Date 07-08-2007 14:47
If you are looking for good machines to do what the spec indicates or demands, I suggest Millermatic 250 for the MIG and a Syncrowave 250 or 300 for you task (TIG). Take the Miller gun off the machine when you get it and replace it with a TWECO #3. The TWECO gun is much better in the long run. The Millermatic 250 also has chart on the inside where the wire goes that is pretty accurate.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / which welder is better for chassie tuebe