Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Qualification under ISO9606-1
- - By Keith Cusey Date 07-17-2004 17:15
I recently accepted a job as welding instructor/CWI for a school that was contracted to qualify the welding personnel for Caterpillar, Inc. Before I will accept a welding test, I look at the appearance of the weld first then I use my bridge cam gauge to check for the weld reinforcement or underfill. I recently failed a weld test because on the final overlay beads the welder failed to overlap the 3 stringer consistently and in the last 3 inches of weld they did not tie the beads together at all, leaving a valley between the beads. The valley was still at flush. My question is this: What is the language in the ISO9606 code book about any visual inspection criteria and a I just being to "nit picky"?
Keith Cusey
Parent - By vonash (**) Date 07-18-2004 19:20
Try ISO 5817 Level D - Weld Quality Assessment Standard. ISO 9606 directs you to this standard for acceptance criteria.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Qualification under ISO9606-1