Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WPS and PQR Essential Variables
- - By tncwi (*) Date 08-03-2004 17:00
I have a customer who has asked where are the PQR essential variables from Table 4.5 of AWS D1.1/2002 expressed in the WPS and PQR. He is specifically talking about #25 and #27 for SAW parameters.
Could you tell me where, and how I should put these on the WPS and PQR?

I am using the sample WPS and PQR sheets from D1.1.

Thanks,
Chuck
Parent - - By MICHAEL B (*) Date 08-03-2004 17:56
Chuck,
Look in Annex E of D1.1-04 (02 should be the same). This should point you in the right direction.
Parent - - By tncwi (*) Date 08-03-2004 18:09
I have looked and cannot find anything to help me out with where these variables should be placed within the PQR or WPS.

Thanks
Parent - - By tncwi (*) Date 08-03-2004 20:28
John and Chet,
Once again, I want to thank you for the help.

Chuck
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 08-04-2004 13:07
Chuck,
You are welcome. I'll just repeat my comment here for the benefit of others who may not have seen that email...

There is no specified form to use for recording WPS or PQR variables. You can record them however you want, Annex E is simply a suggested format.
Of course, having said that, be aware that some customers may have their own submittal format that is required by their contract for the work, but that is not the normal case with structural steel welding.

Chet Guilford
Parent - - By tncwi (*) Date 08-05-2004 11:26
I ended up adding two notes at the bottom of the page on the WPS and PQR that states both essential variables.

The customer was satisfied with that.

Thanks for the help,
Chuck
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-05-2004 19:47
Thanks for the update Chuck,
Glad you was able to get it ironed out with your customer.
John Wright
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WPS and PQR Essential Variables