Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Thermal Arc 185TSW reviews
- - By Thinkmoto Date 08-15-2004 00:07
As the title says I just purchased the unit. It's all hooked up and ready to go and so far I'm impressed. I still need to get some ceriated Tungsten to try AL and I don't have any filler rods to do SS or AL. Hopefully by tuesday I should have more news. But so far it's great, I was farting around on some exhaust piping and it sure digs. And for anyone wondering it doesn't buzz hum groan whine or beg :) All you hear is the cooling fan and the ARC while welding otherwise it's one cool quiet unit. I'll let you guys know how AL and SS goes.
Parent - - By awill4wd (**) Date 08-16-2004 10:18
I think you'll find like most inverter machines that they are usually very quiet when on DC but as you change to AC and particularly as you change hertz frequency and AC balance to their upper reaches that the sound they make borders on painful.
On my own OTC accutig inverter when welding a "tight" waveform I find at times I need to wear earmuffs while welding.
Regards Andrew.
Parent - By Thinkmoto Date 08-17-2004 00:36
Yeah i played with the fequency on the DC pulse mode and it didn't change. When time permits I'll give AL a go. I'm used to welding with alot of noise going on so it's no biggee. I can always put earplugs in.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Thermal Arc 185TSW reviews