Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Welding 2205 Duplex to Monel
- - By - Date 09-28-2000 11:46
Does anyone have eny experience welding Alloy 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel to Monel (Nickel Coper).
We have a project coming up and will be trying to qualify the GTAW weld process with in the next two weeks.
Any help with parameters will be greatly appreciated.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 09-28-2000 13:03
Take a look at the answer I've posted a couple of days ago to Mr Glenn Peterson's question titled "Welding Monel Pressure vessel". I've suggested him to get in touch with INCO and Huntington Alloys, who are the manufacturers of Monel. They know the alloy they make better than anybody else.
By the way, do you work for Graham, the well known manufacturer of ejectors and barometric condensers? If so, I'll ask you a favor not difficult to accomplish: to put in the hands of the appropriate person an e-mail I'll send you requiring catalogs and technical literature on those pieces of equipment.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By - Date 09-28-2000 13:08
Yes I work for Graham and you can contact us through our web site at www.graham-mfg.com.. My email is hjohns@graham-mfg.com.

I hope that you can get the info you require and we will be more than happy to assist you .

Howard
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Welding 2205 Duplex to Monel