Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CV/VV box
- - By dsg Date 08-21-2004 21:32
Please help, I just bought a SA250 Lincoln welder just for the diesel engine for a power plant. The Welder part I was told does not work, But it has a CV/VV box on it and the previous owner said he spent $800.00 to fix it 2-months ago and stated it works fine.

Now my question, Is there a market for this box and if so what is it worth?

Thank you,
David
Parent - - By dsg Date 08-27-2004 22:35
No one here knows anything about this box?

David
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 08-28-2004 01:50
Sure, I know a little about them, but I don't have any idea what the market for used/repaired ones are, or how much they go for.
I'm sure you know that they run around $1100 new.

JTMcC.
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 08-28-2004 03:46
Have you tried the whole thing out? I bought a machine that didn't work once, put a voltmeter across the output, saw a tiny voltage, sprayed the comutator with tv tuner cleaner, it started working and kept on working. Even if you break it up somebody who repairs these things will probably be willing to give you something for the extra bits.
Bill
Parent - - By dsg Date 08-28-2004 22:45
Thank you JTMcC and Bill for your post. I know notthing about welding and did not know a new box was 1100. I'm trying to get 2 or 300 hundred for this one or best offer. I am only interested in the engine and bellhousing of the generator. I'm going to build a shaker screen for loam/manure and what little gravel I have on the property. I'm trying to start a little farm (no live stock yet) and need to get some fields ready. The wife wants some landscaping done and a lawn put in for my son before I'm allowed to farm, you know priorities, priorities:) Well, again thankyou for the info.

David
Parent - By supermechanic (**) Date 08-31-2004 00:56
Hello, I've been looking for one of these for quite some time.(see my add in the wanted to buy forum on this site).Message me at supermechanic18360@yahoo.com we'll talk. Thanks ,Ed.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CV/VV box