Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / QMC AUDIT
- - By MICHAEL B (*) Date 09-13-2004 14:26
Has anyone gone through the new Building Standard Audit? I thought we had everything ready and it seems QMC is being a bit picky after stressing "keep it simple".
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 09-13-2004 16:19
We have gone through the audit. It was the most thorough I have seen in a long time but there were no major problems. The other half of "keep it simple" is "but make sure you address ALL requirements."

I strongly recommend that you contact QMC and ask their advice. They can't tell you what to do, but I found that they are willing to review what you have and give some guidance.
QMC had a concern in our documentation review but after talking with them they saw that we were actually in compliance and I saw that I could make that procedure easier to understand.

My only complaint is that our audit was 2 months ago (66 days), we addressed our CARs, but QMC's email glitches has delayed reviewing our corrections and certification. Many other companies face the same problem.

Chet Guilford
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-13-2004 19:24
Hmmm,
I'm still working on ours, slowly but surely.
John Wright
Parent - By qcmike (**) Date 09-14-2004 21:06
Fortunately or unfortunately we have one audit left in the checklist format. I am sad to see it go since we haven't had a CAR in 10 years in either Bridge or Building. So to start over is a little scary. I hear the Bridge System will be changed in the near future.

Mike
Parent - By ziggy (**) Date 09-20-2004 16:50
We completed the audit to the new standard back in March 04 and it went well.
I found it quite similar in nature to ISO 9000. "Say what you do, do what you say"
Probably the documentation audit was the biggest hurdle.
We had a few CAR's written up but we were able to close them quickly.
I really like the new standard.
Make sure you keep up to date on the AISC Audit Program Policies. You must incorporate them into your quality process.
Best wishes for a successful audit.
ziggy
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / QMC AUDIT