Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / pancake hood
- - By rustywater Date 09-18-2004 12:20
Hello
Anyone know who carries pancake style welding hoods.
thanks
Rusty
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 09-18-2004 14:05
You usually buy a regular pancake from the maker, like Sarges or Wendy's Pancakes.
The only one I've ever seen stocked is the yellow ones that are bent into a 90 degree angle. Ram Welding Supply, on the internet, stocks them.

JTMcC.
Parent - By PancakeBrand Date 10-11-2004 20:10
Rusty,
Information on pancake hoods 208-764-2330
Nancy
Parent - - By tab_1999 (**) Date 01-03-2005 21:39
You should be able to order them thru Jackson. Or any distributor of Jackson Welding Products.
If you use them, you should plan on fabricating a leather apron to attach to the front. They really let your neck etc. catch the rays.
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 12-07-2005 00:10
When did Jackson start making pancakes?
Over the years I've seen probably 4000 pipeliners working in pancakes and never yet seen a piece of leather attached to one.

JTMcC.
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 12-07-2005 01:07
I agree with JT when did jackson start making Pancakes? And I also have never seen one with leather. By the way JT I saw some the other day they were labeled Original pancake Brand they weren't the usual sarges brand. Have you heard of them?
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 12-07-2005 01:23
Yes, aren't those the yellow ones made of one piece bent to a 90 degree angle? I bought one of those once, didn't like it so I traded it to a guy that was carrying around an unused 20 year old Sarges as a spare!
I have a Wendy's but it's unused and I'll probably trade it off. I know guys that really are happy with Wendys, specially the lightweight white ones (they are made of thinner material).
Those yellow ones are "pancake" brand, but they aren't the original. After WWII George Gilchrist in Rock Springs made what I believe was the first one. He made them up till he died in around the mid 90's. His were engraved on the inside of the front piece with his name and I believe address.
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 12-07-2005 01:31
Yeah it has a 90 degree angle on it and it is the most uncomfortable piece of Sh** I ever wore. Where can a guy order a wendy's? I have seen a few around.Also can you fit a cheater or QC in one?
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 12-07-2005 02:11
Wendy's is at 877-894-0077

Sarges is at 800-396-4065

Sarges are available in 3 sizes , I've got a small-it will take a cheater/solar powered auto lens/clear. I've also got a meduim and it will take a cheater/battery powered auto/clear lens (just barely, I think they recomend a large for all that). I'm not sure if Wendy's come in different sizes or not. I'm sure they will tell you.

JTMcC.
Parent - By pipehead (***) Date 12-07-2005 02:21
Thanks man

I have a sarges small and large and the large will take my eqc lens but the have seen alot of wear last few years.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-06-2005 17:24
Wendy;s Pancakes will ship it to your front dorr in 3 days for 55.00
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / pancake hood