Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Tracking Biopharm welds
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 09-20-2004 14:11
I have finished a program for a company that is tracking welders, weld machines, weld heads, programs, Heat Numbers, and ISO/LineNumbers using MS Access. They seem to be happy with it but I am looking for some other people to look at it to see if it is something that could be used in the industry.

Any information is helpful or a reference to a document that indicates what is actually required would be helpful. Anyone who has ever had to do this by hand or with a spreadsheet could probably provide me with some good input. If there are any commercially available programs already developed then I may be wasting my time but I couldn't find any.

Any help is appreciated.

Gerald Austin.
Parent - - By mhemingway Date 09-22-2004 20:12
Gerald, I would like to see what you came up with since I am currently on a biopharm construction project as a third party inspector for process piping and equipment. All of the information that you listed is actually part of the isometric drawing weld log that our welders fill out for each weld. In addition, our weld logs are required to have a few more columns like date and time of weld, date and time of QC inspection, date and time of QAR acceptance, and borescope tape index number. It's all done to make everything traceable. Everything has a signature for acceptance and verification. All material and consumables for welding need certificates of compliance and material test reports as well. Lot's of paper.
Each job has it's own specifications but look into ASME BPE code and also the FDA requirements for Installation Qualification. If the FDA validators do not find an orderly and fully documented weld program, the systems installed could be rejected.

Hope this gets you somewhere.
Matt
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 09-22-2004 22:41
I have the BPE spec. Any Ideas what the FDA Spec is titled ?

If you have MS Access 2000 or later email me with your address using the form at http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com/email.htm or use my first name at the same domain. I can send you what I have.

If you don't have access, I can send you images of the screen forms and a description of how it works.

Does the system being used now work pretty good?

Gerald Austin
Parent - By GANESAN NALLATH (*) Date 07-25-2006 12:07
MR. GERALD, PLS FORWARD ME YOUR TYPICAL TRACEABILITY LOG FORMAT.THKS
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Tracking Biopharm welds