Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Extreme Vision Welding Hood.....
- - By medicinehawk (**) Date 11-02-2004 09:54
Hi everyone,
I bought this hood (from the AWS auction held this past Spring) which has all the bells and whistles when it comes to features, such as:solar powered, shade adjustment from 9-13, setting for tig and grinding and a delay setting.
I really like the large window, but my eyes are getting burned. At times, it seems to only darken in the middle of the window. I have it mounted to fit my hard hat (required on construction) but I have also used it as a soft hood (using the original head gear), but I still have the same problem.
I have another hood (9000V-Speedglas) which I really like except it has a much smaller viewing area and is battery operated. But with new batteries, it really works well.
I bid on the hood to help out the AWS Foundation and was surprised I won, but I cannot handle my eyes getting burned....anyone else have this hood and/or experience the same problem????
I really enjoy the larger viewing area, but what good is it if my retinas are getting hammered?
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.
Parent - By Bonniweldor (**) Date 11-03-2004 00:10
Now yer really spookin' me. If there is even the hint that something is not right, absolutely do not use it.
Parent - By Wendy Sue Date 11-10-2004 18:15
Your email was forwarded to me here at the AWS Foundation. We've tried to contact you but the telephone number we have on record is bad. The supplier of the helmet is Arc One. They have been contacted and they ask you call Mary Ann Sullivan at 800-223-4685 Ext 305. She'll assist you with your headshield problem. By the way, thank you for participating in the Foundation Auction. We appreciate it very much. The funds raised go towards scholarships and back into the industry. It's a real good cause. Contact me for any assistance at AWS Foundation 800-443-9353 ext 293.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Extreme Vision Welding Hood.....