Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / looking for parts for SA 200 64'
- - By nspc6f (*) Date 11-04-2004 21:39
I have been working on this welder. I have fixed the motor and armiture on it. I got the diaphrame replaced. About a month ago it would not idal down. I could tape on the rod going to the throtle and it would idal down. When I would strike an arc the rod relesed but it will not tighten up again. Now nothing happens. welds fine but uses up a lot of gas. Also would like to make new exhaste manafold, would there be any problems with the line from the manafold to the diaphram?
I am also trying to find a way to be abal to pull my welder out (1/2-2/3) so I can work on it (1300 lbs, long ways on bed). I also want to be abal to level out my truck, front to back and side to side. any ideas?

nspc6f
Parent - By jfswelder (*) Date 06-01-2005 21:50
try www.weldmart.com for parts.
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 06-01-2005 23:30
Dump the original idler and upgrade to an electronic one. It's the best upgrade you can make to an old pipeliner. You can fight that old idler forever.

JTMcC.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-06-2005 16:44
install a printed circut board on it you can find them on the net as for the truck you need a lift kit or add springs to your rear end if you're dead set on a different diaphram i have 1 i'll sell ya for 150 plus shipping
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-06-2005 17:09
you can install a printed circut board to solve your idling problem they cost around 350.00. as for the truckyou can add sprongs to the rear or use ait shocks or a lift kit i would add springs. what year and make is the truck ?
Parent - By WeldOnWater Date 01-28-2006 05:45
Go to www.weldtron.com or call them at (361)-664-4413 and they can give you a good idea of what's wrong with your idle problem. I just got my machine fixed today with their help. They are also a whole lot cheaper on their parts such as the printed idler board that -raftergwelding- told you was $350 when I just bought one for $66 including shipping. You should also call Lincoln and get them to fax or mail you the wiring schematic for you welder you will need the model# the code# and the serial#. Lincoln's phone # is (216)-481-8100. A few common problems for the idle control not to work is a bad ground connection(remember the idle control pc board gets its ground through the spacers behind it), the acr relay(reed switch inside of white plastic tube right behind control panel with heavy copper wire wrapped around it -available at most electronics stores-), or the idle control pc board is bad itself(replace with upgraded Weldtron board). If you have any other questions feel free to email me with them bvb681@gmail.com.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / looking for parts for SA 200 64'