Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Reviewing SWP's
- - By NEQA (**) Date 11-05-2004 18:49
I am looking for a qualified individual to review SWP's (and their PQR's) on a per piece fee. Hopefully, you are a CWI.

About 90% of our work is Sec. IX and the rest is to D1.

Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 11-05-2004 19:25
Not a CWI anymore . Would be glad to review them. I broke an ankle last week in the middle of my work season and will be unable to climb around boilers for a few months. I'll take anything I can get.

You can get my contact information on my website. I would also be glad to go over what you have to do to do this yourself (Free) if you are interested and not in a hurry.

If you are thinking you need a CWI signature for review or approval you are mistaken unless it is contract required. The manufacturer/Owner is the only "Approval Authority" for this in most cases.

Have a good day

Gerald Austin
http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 11-05-2004 19:39
Hi Gerald - No, I am not looking for anybody to sign off on stuff - just to review what I send you and provide me your feedback.

Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 11-05-2004 20:44
I have a form you can email from at http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com/email.htm or just use my 1st name at the same domain as above.

If you aren't needing anything other than an opinion, I will help you out . We could even post em on my website and let everyone audit them for code compliance. :)

Email me and we can do something.

Gerald weldinginspectionsvcs.com
Parent - By jfolk (**) Date 11-05-2004 22:34
I would be happy to assist. Current CWI and CWE. I specialize in development and creation of WPS,PQR and WPQ. Have welding software to code check any ASME IX, AWS D1.1 and EN 287, 288. Just let me know your needs.

Thanks,

John Folk
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Reviewing SWP's