Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding Engineering
- - By Krueges Date 12-01-2004 03:40
Well first i would like to say that i got reserve champion at state on a cherry picker i built in shop last year, WOO. Then i would like to ask how much chemistry welding engineers need?? I really hate chemistry and i am horrible at it. Thanks again
Parent - By HgTX (***) Date 12-02-2004 21:19
Ohio State and LeTourneau each require a year of chemistry. I'd think that just about any engineering program would require a semester or two.
Parent - By Sean (**) Date 12-07-2004 14:36
W.E. do require chemistry. It provides a lot of the basics for metallurgy and other courses we require.

Personally, I wasn't too fond of chemistry in high school & first year of university; however, I found that as I went through engineering and the chemistry became more focused on my discipline I liked more.

I also found that the teacher/professor also made a big difference on how much a liked the subject (particularly chemistry).

Good luck.

-Sean

Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding Engineering