Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / women welders
- - By weldette (*) Date 12-06-2004 22:38
I am looking for women welder to discuss our own problems related to being in this field.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 12-07-2004 20:25
Weldette,
just for your information. Here in Brazil construction companies prefer to hire women welders rather than men. They say women are better welders and more flexible and obedient than men.
Attention though! Both women and men get the same pay.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - - By weldette (*) Date 12-07-2004 21:00
That is awsome! My brother spent a year in Brazil. Your English is great. Is it your first language?

I totally aggree with you in all that you said about women welders. Maybe I need go there to weld. What is the ratio to men welders versis women? Here it is about 2% of welders are women.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 12-09-2004 14:38
Just a thought, you may get more information if you were to ask about welding issues in general rather than just those experienced by women. Not trying to be smart, just commenting.
Parent - - By BIG E (*) Date 12-12-2004 20:44
Welcome to welding I as a guy think that women for some reason do better then men maybe because they have a better eye for detail or more patient? but welcome and enjoy.
Parent - By kawgomoo (*) Date 12-12-2004 21:52
women are more coordinated than men, generally speaking. and they seem to have less preconceptions about welding. they go into it knowing they dont know much or anything about it so they pay attention to there instructors. men tend to have the i know everything macho attitude which severely inhibits the learning process.
Parent - - By weldette (*) Date 12-13-2004 04:43
Thanks for the encouragment however, I have been welding for over twenty years. I got started in highschool with my ag class.
Parent - By hankj (*) Date 12-16-2004 17:43
Never saw a female welder - just Lincoln, Miller, ESAB... Now weldOrs..

Just kidding. Try posting on some of the welding sites - www. hobartwelders.com or www.millermotorsports.com, and see what happens. Lot's of members on both forums. Friendly bunch. I post on both as "hankj".

Hank
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / women welders