Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Processes / Soldering & Brazing Books Needed
- - By Kanco Date 12-16-2004 06:03
I am new to soldering and brazing and would like to purchase a book to learn how to do both. Does anyone recomend any particular book that would be helpful in learning to braze and solder?

Please keep in mind that I need something that would cover both topics well.
Parent - By Bob Peaslee (*) Date 12-16-2004 16:19
Hi Edwin (Kanco)

I have picked up your request from the Brazing & Soldering Web Site Forum.

If you will go to the Brazing & Soldering Web Site - www.aws.org/associations/bsmc/ on the left side click on “AWS Brazing and Soldering Specifications and Books” and there is a listing of all of the AWS publications on there subjects. In particular the Brazing Handbook is listed and this is a text book on brazing with all of the brazing processes and details. Also a very comprehensive Soldering Handbook of 550 pages gives complete details on soldering materials and processes. These publications are available from Global Engineering Documents, 800-854-7179 - global.ihs.com

There is also a brazing book that discusses many of the brazing shop floor problems, solutions and variables. This book is titled Brazing Footprints. It includes 11 years of the column I write in the Welding Journal that cover the problems and solutions for some of the brazing questions I receive from US and around the world. If you are entering the brazing field this book will be of assistance.

Wall Colmonoy Corp. has a 3 day Modern Furnace brazing Seminar in May and November of each year. Contact and further information on the Wall Colmonoy brazing materials can be obtained on the web site - www.wallcolmonoy.com.

Bob Peaslee
click on my name above for my full address
Up Topic Welding Industry / Processes / Soldering & Brazing Books Needed