Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Passed CWI
- - By lindasuenlarry (*) Date 01-07-2005 21:52
Well I finally passed the test. I attended the 2 week preparation classes at Hobart and tested in June, BUT I did not follow instructions the Instructor Elmer Swank tried to pound into my brain. I failed the hands on becouse, I changed answers without rechecking the spects, and the worst of all I really didn't read the footnotes. I did the very things in this portion of the test everyone had worned me about.
I took the test in Phoenix in OCT. and passed, without the panic attacts. I did not study from the test in June until the night before the next test.
The folks at Hobart hold a very intensive 70 hour class preparaing you for the test. It is the best 2 weeks I have ever spent in class. I thought I would be able to see some sights after class and on weekends, but after 7 hours a day in class and 2 to 4 hours and night ( the weekend was jammed with study also) didn't leave any time for playing golf.
Now all I have to do is find a job
Parent - - By brande (***) Date 01-08-2005 06:55
You passed the test-Sincerest Congradulations!!

-Now you are cursed for life like the rest of us, trying to find a decent paying job somewhat close to home!!

Keep in touch,

Good Luck

brande
Parent - - By lindasuenlarry (*) Date 01-10-2005 03:26
brande
Have you heard about getting work through the Boilermakers? I really don't mind traveling, my husband is retired and can go with me when he's not gone hunting. I would love to work out of the US for a while.
Lindasue
Parent - By brande (***) Date 01-15-2005 06:14
Lindasue

I am always looking for work. Any insight to the Boilermakers would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck

brande
Parent - - By n5uzt (**) Date 01-08-2005 16:06
congradulations on test, i to went to hobart school in 91 i was there on 9/11 second day of school when planes hit the towers
studing was a little difficult with all that went on.
i missed the hands on by 1 but went to dallas and passed it later.
Parent - - By lindasuenlarry (*) Date 01-10-2005 03:22
Hands on, I believe is the hardest, becouse you start to doubt your answers, then change them. I missed it by two and I don't have an excuse. I can understand how 9-11 could distract you.
How did you rate Hobart's course?
Lindasue
Parent - By n5uzt (**) Date 01-10-2005 03:40
hobarts school is the best in my opinion all the instructors were great.
plenty of home work that was for sure and plenty of help if you ask.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Passed CWI