Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Fiberglass Reinforced Plastics
- - By NEQA (**) Date 01-11-2005 14:58
Anyone have experience with inspecting the fabrication of FRP Vessels?
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 01-14-2005 19:08
Design and fabrication of FRP vessels under pressure is ruled by ASME Code Section X. ASME is the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Design and fabrication of FRP vessels at atmospheric pressure is ruled by standard NBS PS15. NBS is the National Bureau of Standards of the United States of America.
On both publications you'll find plenty of information on how to fabricate FRP vessels. Based on that, you'll have to write your own Inspection Procedure. If you're fabricating the vessels for somebody else (a client), the Inspection Procedure will have to be approved by the client before using it. On the other hand, if you're the client and some fabricator is making the vessels for you, it's you who will have to approve his Inspection Procedure.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 01-17-2005 20:31
Giovanni:

Thanks for the information - we know all that. I am the client, and I have developed the Inspection Instructions. We are looking for Inspectors experienced inspecting FRP vessels.

Thanks
Parent - By metalcare (*) Date 02-13-2005 20:04
I have an extensive experience on inspecting FRP vessels. I have used atleast the following ASTM specifications: ASTM D2563, 4097 & 3299 besides ASME.

Please email me for details.

Thanks
Muthu
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Fiberglass Reinforced Plastics