Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Beware of the Miller PipePro 304!!!!
- - By weldingwagon Date 01-12-2005 17:11
I'm a rig welder with a 2002 model Pipepro 304 with 1307 hrs on it. Bought it new in sept of 2002. In the last 7 months the machine has been down for a total of 10 working days and has now suffered a fatal blow to the Kubota Diesel engine. I was welding with 1/8th lowhy this last monday and when I went to adjust the machine oil was blowing everywhere! Looks like the front seal. I've maintained it as per the book. It now sits in the shop for yet another day. I keep getting th same song and dance from Miller and the regional sales rep won't return my calls. My machine is a LEMON! Beware other pipeliners....stay away from it! Come on Miller...return my phone calls and straighten this out. I've been down all week and looks like the rest of the week is shot....if not next week too. Miller owes me a new or rebuilt machine!
Parent - - By Josephp (**) Date 01-13-2005 01:32

Post this on Millers Board.

They will reply ASAP as the would not like the adv.

See URL;

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard/index.php?s=

Regards

Joseph
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-25-2005 20:24
http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=2183

Joseph,
This was already posted over there on the "Ask Andy" Miller board. You can see the coversation here. Click on the link above.
John Wright
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 01-14-2005 07:06
If it's always the motor giving trouble perhaps you should talk to someone from Kubota. They are a well thought of company and want users of their equipment to be happy.
Bill
Parent - - By DGXL (***) Date 01-18-2005 03:31
weldingwagon:
Does your machine have the "Dual Power" option?
Parent - - By weldingwagon Date 01-25-2005 19:56
No..it's not du-op. Just an update on the Miller soap opera.....I put in a new front seal and it ran well for about 4 hrs then BAM!!! more electronic problems.

According to Miller I was supposed to get a machine from them last Friday but just like before...silence and nothing. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and dare to be excellent....before I have to file chapter 11 because I am getting run off of jobs because I can't complete the work.
Parent - - By SA-200 (**) Date 01-29-2005 03:43
If you would of taken off the covers off the pipe pro and a lincoln sa welder, it would be a no brainer which would be more reliable.... I wouldnt want to be at the mercy of a thousand transistors, capacitors, and chips....... life expectancy of a pipe pro should be that of a television.. Miller is a good american company, but people seem to forget nowdays that simpler is more reliable....
Parent - - By leon phelps (**) Date 02-01-2005 02:06
I left you some good info on the post. Good luck getting this resolved.
Parent - - By supermechanic (**) Date 02-07-2005 01:47
How about telling the rest of us the final disposition of your problem?
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-07-2005 12:26
http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=2315

Update can be found here. Click on the link above.
John Wright
Parent - By burninbriar (*) Date 02-07-2005 05:31
It turns out that Weldingwagon was the victem of unfortunate sabatage.He wrote a very nice apology to the Miller people on the Ask Andy forum at the miller web site.The topic title is "pipepro 304 problem found! Its worth reading.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Beware of the Miller PipePro 304!!!!