Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SteelMax Metal Cutting Saw
- - By harleyhitman (**) Date 01-15-2005 03:32
What do you think of this machine ?

www.steelmax.com

My company sells them and the customers I've sold to love the saws, They run about $400.00 and blade cost $50.00.

I just want to know the thoughts of owners or people who have used these cutters.
Parent - - By thcqci (***) Date 01-15-2005 13:53
We have a couple of these ( http://www.evolutionpowertools.com/usa/usaevolution180.htm ) in our shop. They work pretty well for cutting sheet steel, grating, expanded metal, etc. The website says they offer free demonstrations, but I guess that depends upon your proximity to a dealers location. The way we were introduced to them was a dealer showing up in our office offering a demonstration. We bought 2 on the spot. They do not bevel like the one you gave a link to, but I believe they have 15 amp motors instead of 11 amps on the Steel Max saw. They have another model that does bevel. The Evolution saw does tend to trip the breaker if the blade is dull or material too thick. But overall they are an asset.
Parent - By harleyhitman (**) Date 01-15-2005 22:37
I think the Evolution has a 1200 watt motor, which is less than our 11 amp motor. It cuts up to 1/4" material and ours is rated for 3/8", but I've demo'd on 5/8" and We have a demo CD that shows it cutting 2" anchor steel. The Steelmax collects 95% of the chips.

Look at the Steelmax Mag Drill, I can set up a agent coming by for a demo of it (I think)

Where are you located ?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SteelMax Metal Cutting Saw