Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / co2 adapter
- - By tupper (*) Date 01-31-2005 01:52
any one know of an adapter that i can use to use a paintball co2 tank. it has very corse threads, and the valve is a pin depresing type when it is screwed on. plus, how good is co2 for mig. i am getting a lincoln sp 135t. plan oh getting argon/co2 mix tank but i want to use the co2 to practice with. thanks
Parent - - By g17-jimmy Date 02-01-2005 03:16
your best bet would be to email LE with the question. Their support guys have been a great help to me. lincolnelectric.com

A local shop might help also, but I haven't had much luck with locals. It seems "the guy I need to talk to" is always out and the other people in the shop seem as knowledgable as me(I'm VERY new to welding).

If you do find out the part # needed let me know.

thanks.
Parent - By Mike W (**) Date 02-01-2005 04:42
I have used CO2 for years. It has more penetration than agon/CO2. I get very little spatter.
Parent - By sparx (**) Date 02-01-2005 13:36
the new miller passport has a paintball co2 tank installed in the actual machine. The Miller part number for the regulator is 218950. I would suggest that you see your local supplier and get some pricing on this unit. it is a regulator/flowgauge that is designed to fit these bottles.
the only drawback that I can see in using the paintball tanks, (unless of course you get them for free) is that with a 12 ounce bottle, you will get about 25 minutes of trigger time.
At any rate, you could check them out.

Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / co2 adapter