Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Any Experience with purchasing CNC PAC
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-16-2005 23:48
Hey everyone,

I am working for a company that is looking to purchase a CNC plasma for mfg some of their parts. Anybody have any experience with different brands, setup, specifications etc?

Thanks

Gerald
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 02-17-2005 14:58
Hi Gerald,

A while back I was researching for a plasma table purchase. If you like, I can email you a copy of an excel spreadsheet that shows comparisons of 4 different, but relatively small machines. Keep in mind that this information is about 2 years old.
We finally decided to go with an MG Systems machine, upgraded from what is on the spread sheet, but never did actually purchase.
A great person for you to talk with is Tony Kaiser with Capital Machine Technologies. He could hook you up with the right machine to match your requirements. He can be reached through his Atlanta office at 800-621-9751.

Good Luck,
Tim Gary
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-17-2005 15:06
Send me the spreadsheet.

if you don't have my email address let me know.

Thanks
Gerald
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 02-17-2005 15:42
OK, I sent it.
Let me know if it doesn't show.

Tim
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-17-2005 18:49
I got it thanks. I put in a request on a website (emachinetool.com) for bids and I got email from people all over the world for all kinds of equipmemt. It was a little much to sort through.

Thanks Tim

Have a good day
Parent - - By jfolk (**) Date 02-17-2005 20:05
Gerald,

I spent 2 years researching CNC plasma/oxy-fuel gantry machines for a previous employer. The machines purchased were capable of cutting 6" thick above and below water and had contour bevel heads for 1-45 degree 360+ degree rotation cuts. Would be glad to share other info as needed.

John Folk
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-18-2005 00:24
I appreciate it John. We are looking for a 100 amp max machine for some of pur parts we have to buy in bulk each year. The majority of it is 3/16" to 1/4".

We have to also be able to get a 6" square tube under the torch for some applications . I found a MFR called practical CNC that seem to have the ability to get us what we want for less than 25K

I may get with you on some question after the specs come in and I study them a little more.

have a good day

Gerald
Parent - By ziv Date 02-28-2005 04:06
Hey Gerald

I bought a 4 x8 table from PracticalCNC about three years ago. Great table, great folks, zero complaints, highly recommend.

Ziv
Parent - - By Brand X (*) Date 02-28-2005 19:11
I bought a 5X10 practical cnc table about ten months ago. It's ok and will be fine after I am done upgrading a few things. I would look at this table first because Dave has consulted for Practical cnc, and has made his table without all the little fixes you would have to the practical table. His motors/ rails/ torch heigh control are much better then the practical table. I not unhappy with my table but I do know the downside of the practical table. Check out the pdf on the e-bay ad.
It has a practical table in it to compare to his. Dave is straight up guy, and that is worth more then you know. Just call him on the phone if you want the truth and no hype. By the way, he has helped me a lot with my table, just because that is the kind of guy he is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58254&item=3875945111&rd=1
Parent - - By Brand X (*) Date 02-28-2005 19:22
Be sure to look at this setup too.

Don't let the kit thing scare you. It is pretty complete if you ask me.

I am pretty sure I am going to throw my practical cnc torch height control away and buy his or Maybe Daves.That is if he offers his for sale. He uses the same controller as mine and might add a few features over the stand alone unit.

http://www.dynatorch.com/Product.htm

Scott

Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-28-2005 20:48
Great Link. You have definately added to my options.Dave was great to talk to and I am gonna send him a request for quote.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Any Experience with purchasing CNC PAC