Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Looking for price ranges for used LN-25
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-04-2005 12:49
We need an LN-25 for a couple of small jobs, what is the normal price range for these used. Figured I'd ask here as I call around.

Thanks
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 03-04-2005 17:21
They hold their value pretty well, they are always on ebay, going for $800 and up. FCAW only models are cheaper of course. Only the really beat up looking ones go at the lower prices.
But they are very rugged/reliable machines. New, from ramweldingsupply is a pretty good deal unless you get a substantial break at the local welding supply. Former rental units are always for sale, at way to high a price imo. F&M Mafco usually has used models for sale, as well as a bunch of other pipe/welding related stuff.
You say a couple of small jobs, so renting one might be a good option if you won't have any further use for it.
I looked at a lot of used ones before deciding they were priced high enough that I'd rather buy new, but I need very reliable equipment, breakdowns cost me a ton of money.
I did buy a LN-22 off ebay for $40 and it works perfectly, it just looks extreemly rough.

JTMcC.
Parent - By hmhoek Date 03-22-2005 17:16
There's one for sale here for a lot less than $800: http://www.craigslist.org/eby/tls/64866835.html
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Looking for price ranges for used LN-25