Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Dynasty 300DX vs Synowave 250DX
- - By HOTRODWILLYS Date 03-05-2005 22:12
Hi I am new to the forum, I live in Connecticut and I build all types of hotrods, I've been using a Miller matic 35 and would like to step up to a tig welder,it will probably save me a ton of money in grinding discs (you know what I mean) I was all prepared to buy a Miller dynasty 300DX until someone recommended that I buy the synowave 250 DX , being that I dont know allot about tig welders I would really like to know the difference between the 2. What features does the 300dx have that the 250dx doesnt? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Dave
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-05-2005 23:16

You won't go wrong with either.

Dynasty has a little more power, It's an inverter so the power draw is more workable if your in your garage and it weighs about as much as your Mother in law's suitcase. Dynasty also has frequency control and if your welding aluminum thats a big advantage.

Synchrowave is a proven workhorse that will never break down, is less costly than Dynasty.

If money is not an object Dynasty will give you more capability.
Parent - - By HOTRODWILLYS Date 03-06-2005 00:00
What benefit is the fregency control and the other question on my mind is the dynasty 300 a delicate machine? because of all the electronics?
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 03-06-2005 03:27
With the inverter you can increase the ac weld frequency and use a sharpened tungsten. This provides a very precise, pin point arc control. Really great for inside corners.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Dynasty 300DX vs Synowave 250DX