Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Parker 40amp Plasma Cutter $875 Xlnt!
- - By divtec1 Date 03-19-2005 23:07
Hey guys... Mike was right. These machines perform extremely well... and it's amazing how small they are!

Check'm out at www.parkermetalworking.com

Ok... I confess... their my machines. I've sold over 300 units now and everyone is amazed at their performance and size.

I expect 'flaming'... as some people love to do it as intertainment. I think a BrandX mentioned Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 51 as a great machine... well... I agree! It so happens that my Plasma-Tec40yk had almost the same performance parameters... Seriously! The differences are that my PT40yk is an inverter design... has a 60% duty-cycle at 40amps, a 100% duty-cycle at 30amps, is about the size of a large lunch box, and only weighs 20 lbs. Also... only draws a maximum of 22amps @ 220vots Single Phase (which means you can use a 12 or 14 gauge extension cord), the electrodes are dual-use reversable and only cost $19.95 a 5 pack, the tips are only $17.75 a 5 pack. The consumables are always in stock... and besides... their so simple you could even make them on a cheap Harbor Freight lathe... just copper... or change the torch to anything you want.... just plumbing. Not a big deal!

The torch is condusive to profile cutting. Just cut your profile our of cardboard and draw around like a felt tipped pen... and out comes Mickey Mouse... without burning the carboard. Many other features too.

So... sorry flammer BrandX... your just talking about... what you don't know about.

I suggest that you go to by Read Feedback from previous buyers link at eBay and check out what other that own this machine have to say.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=divtec&item=-1&frompage=222

Yes... and mention Mike to get your free Tips & Electrodes. BTW... Mike is an XRay equipment technicial and tested this unit to confirmed it truly has 60% duty-cycle and also confirmed it's overtemp protection as well.

Our mission is to allow virtually everyone to own a plasma cutter that will do serious work at about half the price of industry average.

So... $1650 or $875... hmmm! Sure I'm making $ on it... I'm in business... but your saving a whole lot too!

Check'm out at www.parkermetalworking.com
Parent - - By Brand X (*) Date 03-20-2005 18:24
The consumables are always in stock... and besides... their so simple you could even make them on a cheap Harbor Freight lathe... just copper... or change the torch to anything you want.... just plumbing. Not a big deal!

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!
You have to be kidding?????
Be sure to patent those hi tech consumables, because I am pretty sure Hypertherm would love to spin out their electrodes on a Harbor fright lathe.

Here is some homework for anyone thinking they can build their on consumables. I bet you will not find any flung dung machines making parts for plasma cutters. Maybe e-mail them to see if they could use some Chi-com prison labor to run the equiptment.
I am sure that is how you machines are made. I am also sure they could learn a lot from you!!!!

http://www.centricut.com/New_Lessons/online_training.html

Parent - - By divtec1 Date 03-20-2005 19:10
I beginning to wonder why BrandX is not excited that at last there are plasma cutters available that do serious work for a Home/Hobby price.

The truth is that one can easily machine these consumables. He seems to be trying to make it sound like it high-tech... it's not! Their just copper. If brandX wants to make things more complicated than they are... well I must respect his right to do that.

Anyway... the consumables are inexpensive on $17.75 for a 5 pack and they don't were out... they just get damaged by splatter-back. So... if one avoids splatter-back the tips don't get consumed... at least with this torch design. Also the design is conducive to profile cutting. Just cut out a profile in cardboard with scissors and drag the tip around it that you would a felt-tipped pen and out comes Mickey Mouse... without even scorching the cardboard. Now that's cool!

Also... BrandX could change the torch to a US made if he liked. It's just a matter of plumbing. Hey... apparently he doesn't know that plasma cutters are really just power supplies. That's it! Really nothing spectacular as far a technology... but are spectacular considering what they can do.

Our machines are special in that the inverter technology used to create that power is very efficient... which brings with it a number of benifits. Low cost of manufacture, low weight, small size, better current control, small current draw (allowing use of an extension cord or operation on an inexpensive generator), etc.

And now the price is low enough to be affordable.

BrandX doesn't realize that virtually everything electronic is "made in China" or Mexico and other countries. Hell... I just bought a HP laptop... you guessed it... made in China. Even assemblies of "US made" product are made in China. It is the way it is! Now if he wants to spend twice as much on a TD Cutmaster51... that's is choice and I must respect his decision. It just doesn't seem logical... and it seems he is refusing to accept that a Chinese (or any other country's machine) could be as good or better than something US made. Reality check is in order... I think.

Hey... my machines let you keep more of your money. What's wrong with that? Hmmm!

Anyone can say anything... but I can substanciate what I say. Check out my previous buyer feedback on eBay for divtec.

Parent - - By SA-200 (**) Date 03-21-2005 01:30
So do these machines carry a 3yr warrantee?
Parent - By divtec1 Date 03-21-2005 20:19
Yes Sir! They come with a 1year labor (pro-rata), 1year mechanical parts, and 3years on all the electronics... and warranty repairs are done at my company... Diversified Technology... in Mesa, Arizona. Currently... we've are running less than 2% failure rate (that is very resonalbe) and most of the failures we're mechanical due to damage from shipping like plugs popping off and minor stuff. Although we have found that UPS is usually quite good about getting the products delivered safely. So... our machines are very reliable. If you decide to buy one you will be absolutly amazed at it's performance and size... everyone is!

Parent - - By zxyman9 (*) Date 03-21-2005 02:13
Phil, Thanks so much for explaining in such an Eloquent matter the real truth about all the facts about your "Plasma Cutter" . Myself and the other 299 satisfied customers are realizing you don't have to always spend high to get the top quality we all deserve in todays every day life.Some people will always throw rocks or ridicule in order to meet their agenda....afraid of change and challenge,I guess .Any how I'm going to perform a special plasma project tonite and will enjoy the finished product using Divtec's 40 plasma cutter.

best regards to all, michael D. (NHPA)
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-22-2005 08:28
Hi divtec1!

Are you going to demo your equipment at the AWS convention in Dallas this year? If you are, I'd like to see how your product performs.

Respectfully,

SSBN727
Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By divtec1 Date 03-24-2005 07:45
I don't think we'll make it this time... but you can see some basic cuts (photos, videos, info) on my website www.parkermetalworking.com

I'll be adding more stuff soon.

Later... Phil

Parent - By Hysave Date 03-24-2005 21:09
I have a small business manufacturing and remanufacturing refrigerant pumps. We make new equipment purchases very carefully. We just bought our first Plasmatec 40 for our shop from Parker Metal Working. I must say at the outset that I was a some what sceptical buyer to say the least. The Plasmatec 40 in fact weighs something less than 25 pounds. It cuts metal as advertised without a lot of fuss. When the guys in the back shop found out that the Plasmtec 40 could also be used for tig and dc welding (and could be carried around like a very small tool box) there was a fight over who got to use it. I eventually got to try it too. Nice smooth machine. Pretty much plug and play. We also have a not for profit automotive garage that the shop and office people use on their off time as a hot rod shop. Guess where the Plasmatec went.
What more can I say, the plasmatec 40 works and it works well. The price was right: The customer service at Parker is outstanding too: For a small business owner those three things are very important.
Walt Joncas
Owner
Hysave
www.hysave.net
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Parker 40amp Plasma Cutter $875 Xlnt!