Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / EAST GERMAN STEEL
- - By - Date 11-02-2000 23:54
I,M LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE FOLLOWING STEEL, WHICH I'VE BEEN TOLD IS FROM EAST GERMANY.
MATERIAL SYMBOL IS PCD-32.
I NEED TO FIND HEAT TREATMENT (NORMALIZED, QUENCH AND TEMPER, ???) .
IF TEMPER, WHAT TEMPERING TEMPERATURE.
WHAT COULD BE THE BEST ASTM EQUIVALENT STEEL.
I NEED THAT INFORMATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
MANY THANKS
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-09-2000 12:14
You being from Canada, get in touch with the German Chamber of Commerce in Toronto or Montreal, or, if you prefer, with the Commercial section of the German Embassy in Ottawa. Ask them the address, fax, phone nÂș and e-mail of a few German steel mills located in the former East Germany. Once you have the information, get in touch with them asking literature (catalogs, pamphlets, leaflets etc.) on the steels they used to make in the past, when there were two Germanies (no doubt that those steel mills now make their products to DIN standards).
If this doesn't work, get in touch with Krupp or Thyssen or Boheler representatives in Canada. They use to have very comprehensive tables of a large quantity of different steels. I personally have had in my hands one table from Krupp, and it was very good. Attention though! Germans don't use to be very polite people, so be prepared to receive a rough treatment.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil

Parent - By - Date 11-10-2000 00:57
Thank you very much for your recommandations.

Regards,

Yvan
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / EAST GERMAN STEEL