Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / need some help
- - By seanlafleur Date 05-12-2005 00:55
Ok guys, let me first introduce myself. I am a 2nd year Apprentice at Bremerton Navel Shipyard in Washington State and I am doing an english assignment on -What is the best welding machines for Industrial and for Private Uses- Im trying to get some input from the front line (the welders) And would apprechiate any kind of reply to my research assignment reguarding What you think is the best machine and why. Im going to try and keep it with the MIG(GMAW) and the TIG(GTAW) Processes. Am also comparing these machines between Miller and Lincoln. Please let me know your personal preferance and what you use these machines on.

Thank you!
Sean Lafleur
Parent - By pjseaman (**) Date 05-12-2005 02:36
I have a Millermatic210 mig and a Miller Dynasty 200 DX for my tig and in their price and power range there isn't a better dollar spent, for motorsports and light to medium fabrication{ My consideration of medium is less than 1/2"}

Hope this helps and keep on keepin on,
PJS
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-12-2005 11:00
Ahh, the ole' RED vs BLUE question....this ought to be interesting. You are probably going to find that there are lots of opinions both ways, due to both companies having a rep for producing good equipment.
John Wright
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 05-15-2005 04:33
For manufacturing purposes the wire feed processes including GMAW have the advantage of depositing lots of metal quickly and have become very popular.

For the small user, Hobbiest, farmer etc. I still like stick process (SMAW). Its versatility is what makes it a winner to me (but I do tend to be old fashoned sometimes).

As for brand I have used both miller and lincoln products and both worked fine as far as I'm concerned.

Bill
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / need some help