Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Advise on Tig, Dynasty 200DX/Lincoln 185
- - By Pappatho Date 05-16-2005 23:06
I have decided to either get the Lioncoln Precision 185 unit, or move up to a Miller Dynasty 200DX. Again, I do not have much TIG welding experience. I will primarily use the welder for automotive/motorsports. I am now trying to decide if it is worth the additional $1000 to get the Dynasty 200DX.

I do not have any experience with the advanced controls the Dynasty 200DX has over the Precision 185. How much experience does it take to become competent enough to take advantage of these features? If I can be competent with these features, will I see much of a difference in weld quality?

Some day I may open a motorsport business, but currently I do not weld enough for the power consumption difference to be an economical factor.

Thanks,
Chris
Parent - - By pjseaman (**) Date 05-17-2005 00:07
I own the Dynasty ans have welded with the lincoln and the 200DX is much more machine and much more capable. The advanced wave form adjustments are superb.

pjseaman
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 05-17-2005 11:52
Both will Tig weld good, but the Dynasty has many more functions. I have an early version of the Lincoln (the 175 was before the 185) and also 1 dynasty. I would take the Dynasty any day if the budget did not matter.
MDG
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Advise on Tig, Dynasty 200DX/Lincoln 185