Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / school projects
- - By rodwelder Date 05-20-2005 12:23
If any instructors would like to exchange some welding projects and ideas e-mail me. I have some really cool ones. Im looking for individual projects not group projects. Something that may only take 1-5 days.
Parent - By rachelp Date 12-10-2007 16:10
Hi i am new to this site but am a teachers assistant in a high school welding program and have been welding for a few years. I am looking for some new projects to do with the students if you wouldnt mind sharing. We've done the safes, and logs ordament (thats a good one if youve never done that), the dice, that sort of thing. So yes if you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-11-2007 13:57
How about a 3 or 4 sided pyramid to be GTAW together... You could use whatever base metal available...
One can even incorporate a hidden entrance into the pyramid... It can be used as an ornament or paperweight so, consideration should be taken as far as the dimensions are concerned.

I'll check back with you when I find some more of the projects that I have for individuals. Btw, Lincoln eleectric via their foundation has a few project books available, and I have some of them available so, I'll look into them also. Check their website for more details: https://ssl.lincolnelectric.com/lincoln/apdirect/store.asp?PID=16&cat=8

Here's another one that has projects online from Miller Electric:
http://www.millerwelds.com/interests/projects/

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By gasper Date 02-16-2008 01:14
I am a new Millwright (Industrial Mechanic) Professor at a local community college and am looking for some small individual welding projects for my students. Can anyone please help?
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 06-12-2008 13:55
I was required to take a fabrication class for my welding degree. We had one required project at the beginning of class. It was a toolbox made out of one piece of 18 guage steel (cheap) we had to read the "prints" layout the pattern then cut it on a shear. It was joined with pittsburg locked seams so everythign else was done on a finger brake. Interesting project that introduced students to all the tools we had and taught you how to layout sheet steel.

No welding though.
The teacher also had a book full of welding projects of various difficulty if students didn't have an idea on what to make.
Parent - By mrwelder (*) Date 03-11-2009 01:42
Doe you have any prints for this?
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / school projects