Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller 250 or Lincoln 255 ???? HELP
- - By tsh Date 05-31-2005 03:30
I am very undecided witch MIG to get a Miller 250 or a Lincoln 255. I know this like the chevy and ford thing but I would like see some peoples opinion. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thank you
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-31-2005 12:44

Both powersources are top of that class. Your going to have to look at little things that may set them apart, such as auxillary power outlets and the cost optional of push-pull guns for aluminum and overall costs.

You won't be disappointed with either choice.

Parent - By jay72chevy (*) Date 06-01-2005 00:21
Another thing to consider is what you will be using the welder mostly for? The 250 is the max amps, which will give you alot of welding power for welding heavy thicknesses of steel together easier. Then there are welders for fabrication and there are welders for in shop 220, raceway 110 all in one. There are welders for autobody work that only go up to 0.35 liners wires that are just as powerful as the Millers etc. Powerful meaning uses 200 or more amps pulling less out of the wall. Every company has innovations pick the one that has the features you want. I bought an HTP. Check there website out to compare. Clark makes good welding machines also that i know of for body work. Hope this helps
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller 250 or Lincoln 255 ???? HELP