Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Tubing Bender
- - By Brandon Date 06-06-2005 05:53
Hi I was curious if anyone had a recommendation on a tubing bender. I am looking to try and fabricate harness bars and hopefully one day full cages as well as tube chassis for karts and larger. I have looked at JD Squared's Model3 as well as others similar. Will this get the job done? Obviously this is more of side project stuff, I just do not have the money to be spending on a large hydraulic, but want to know if it is even worth the small investment or something I should maybe leave to others? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Brandon
Parent - By kawgomoo (*) Date 06-22-2005 02:07
hey man, get the base model from vanssantent.com same thing as tricktools i believe

anyway get the regular el cheapo.. its 299 plus dies. ull spend about 600 to get up and bending....

after that get an air over hydraulic pedal off ebay and a cylinder from wherever. convert the machine to hydro for under 150 bucks.

spending big money on a bender is retarded.. once u get used to one and see how it all works. youll realize the expensive ones are a bunch of bells and whistles, and deep down all the machines work the same.
Parent - By gyadon (**) Date 10-25-2005 17:11
Go to Mittler Bros.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Tubing Bender