Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Need Training in MN
- - By BSEC Date 06-21-2005 01:49
Hi Folks,

Many of you have probably seen the fellow who goes out and buys a piece of equipment with no idea of how to use it. One of two things generally happens. Either they teach themselves how to use the equipment and everything turns out dandy or... The equipment sits in the garage / basement / etc... and never gets used.

Whelp... I'm trying to avoid the second scenario. I purchased a Lincoln Precision TIG 275 with the intention of taking a welding course and learning to weld while preparing to build an airplane. I must have been in denial when I did this. If I were rational I would've known there was little to no chance of me finding time for a class with a structured schedule.

Long story short…. I need help. I’m looking for advice on quality training DVD’s, books or someone in the northern Minneapolis suburbs who would be willing to give some instruction for hire. I work seven days a week and what’s going on at the office dictates my schedule. If you have any advice or a flexible schedule for training I would like to hear from you. Experience with the Lincoln TIG’s would be nice but not mandatory.

Please respond to bstorch@comcast.net as I probably won’t have much time to read this forum.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Parent - By buckskin Date 07-23-2005 21:22
I may just be the guy you are looking for. I am a former college level instructor that could be available in the evenings for training. I will also try your email address.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Need Training in MN