Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ?? RE Independent Welding Distributors
- - By Dank Date 06-24-2005 16:16
Hi guys, I am a newbie looking to buy a welder. Is this guy on ebay telling the truth?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45032&item=7524286340&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

That is, does Lincoln really make these welders that are re-badged? I always assume the worst about ebay...

Thanks!
Parent - By GRoberts (***) Date 06-24-2005 19:14
Other than the paint, it looks identical to my small Lincoln.
Parent - By cmansonite (*) Date 06-25-2005 12:34
All signs point to it being what it is claimed to be (specs and the all-important picture match a Lincoln 135-Plus). Looks like you are saving about $50 by getting the plain wrapper versus weldingmart.com for the "real" thing. Purchasing a 135T Lincoln would save you even more ($469 @ Home Depot as a 3200HD with the cart), and I think you'd have the same capabilities. I am not too sure of the advantages of the 135 plus versus the 135T other than the "plus" having a burn-back prevention and a higher wire feed as I haven't had a chance to play with the Plus model. Though someone on the board will surely know. In any event, you will still need to buy a gas bottle to use the mig feature with any of these models.
Parent - By pjseaman (**) Date 06-25-2005 22:29
Absolutely fact!!! There are some even made by Miller. Weldmark are the same models, take the same consumables and even use the same parts list.

Peace,
pjs
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ?? RE Independent Welding Distributors